tiistai 19. kesäkuuta 2012

I've been to paradise but I've never been to me

I'm 35, recently had to close my shop. Now having an sort of.. in a small town like this, in a small country like this it doesn't really make sense trying to sell people a bit more expensive stuff, mainly local and blah blah. People just don't need that shit. Now, having already said that earlier, I obviously find it disappointing but such is life. Having my bookkeeper trying to fool me out of everything I have and then some is very bad, very very bad. The accountant being a relative of my business partner (oh what a surprise I would've been the only one paying..) is even worse.

But I'm (trying) NOT (to be) bitter, I have to take it as a learning curve. I've been sort of absent from my own life the last few months and it's been driving me crazy. I have a friend in New York who sent me some amazing books (Pattern Magic, vol. 1-3) and I've been insanely inspired by the books. And another thing that I truly love is the history of fashion.


Oldies but goodies; I found these pics from my archives and remembered just how much I.. how happy (in a very dark way) I was back in the days in Helsinki and hoe inspired I was by these pics, also.


So I'm, as we speak, thinking of getting back to basics, doing things that I loved to do and finding the inner Maire again. Maire wasn't a happy girl, no, she was desperate, sad, middle-aged and an alcoholic. But Maire had an innocence and I really liked her.


So I'm trying to create a small collection for the fall. After all that's been going on in my life I would also imagine it might do me some good, letting out all the steam.





YouTube has changed and I can't find the embedding code anymore so the song that's been playing in my head and on my laptop isn't posted here. But I will post the pics that I just love.

Laters,

J

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti